It was a tough year. On the one hand I made the acquaintance of several outstanding people, took part in our best ever campaign of Mighty Empires and began submitting entries on film to the Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. On the other there was the hospital, the worsening political climate and the continuing trouble I had integrating into any of the various cliques and factions of the roleplaying community. That may well be for the good.
I expect several projects to come to fruition in 2016:
- Black Dog Dérive will be a collaborative scenario produced as fan material for STALKER: The Sci-Fi Roleplaying Game – if I can get it into good enough shape to ask Ville Vuorela’s permission to distribute it.
- Leaving Frisland will be a setting-cum-scenario for Lamentations of the Flame Princess based on the (fraudulent) depositions of Venetian explorers Antonio and Nicolò Zeno. I’ll need to persuade our current group to play a version of Vornheim in order to get a game of Lamentations beforehand.
- Indiemeet in London is a suitable venue to try out several great story games I’ve encountered over the last year – Itras By, Left Coast and The Society of Dreamers.
- Nordic Progressive Larp puts on freeform and live-action events in London. I’ve been dying to try some of these out.
- Concrete Cow gaming convention occurs in March and September 2016 – I plan to turn up to both events and offer games.