Funny how these things work: you think things are falling a bit flat, particularly after a six-week layoff, and then there are two good ideas in a row and woof! the set-up catches alight.
Seven Dwarves will enter the Place of Unreason in a bid to rescue the sleeping Empress Maudlyn from the Red King:
- Margäz Princess of the Second Empire; aunt to the torpid Maudlyn.
- Grimbald Grimson Quartermaster of the expedition to the Dying City.
- Bûrin Ironhand 325-year-old diplomat of one of the largest Dwarven clans.
- Anselmo Sheild-bearer to Bûrin Ironhand; good Strength rating.
- Hildebrand Hasselbeard Slayer Dwarf feared for the impact of her two axes.
- Morag Blackhand Gunpowder specialist; brace of pistols.
- Freya Fargazer Astrologer to the Court of the Exiled Dwarves.
Osprey of the Iron Cliffs, an Elf, and Ralmir Herakson, a Cleric and follower of nature god Argan Argar will accompany the Dwarves on account of their expertise in magic. They are doomed. It’s all so delightfully old school.